17 signs your marriage or relationship is ending
Article by: RSS Feed
March 18, 2011
It’s rare for a marriage or relationship to suddenly come to a screeching halt.
There are usually subtle signs along the way over an extended period of time which indicate that your spouse or significant other has lost interest, and your marriage or relationship is about to end.
Below are 17 subtle signs which indicate that your marriage or relationship is in serious trouble.
Suddenly finding several of these subtle signs at once, usually means that your spouse or significant other has lost interest in you and your marriage/ relationship, and in all probability has found someone else.
One thing is certain, if a preponderance of the signs below suddenly appear, drastic measures are in order, because the end of your marriage or relationship is very near.
17 Subtle Signs
1. Your mate now displays a lack of interest in you or your daily activities. He or she no longer asks you about your day, or longer shares the events of his or her day with you.
2. He or she suddenly becomes very critical of the way you look, or dress, the things you say or do. Little things that didn’t matter before suddenly become a big deal.
3. You find yourselves frequently arguing or fighting over trivial matters or insignificant things.
4. Your spouse or significant other becomes more involved in activities that don’t include you, and less time participating in activities that the two of you once enjoyed together.
5. He or she stops being romantic. There’s a marked decrease in hand holding, hugging, cuddling or displays of affection. Your advances are rebuffed.
6. Your spouse or significant other begins treating you differently. He or she becomes rude disrespectful, or inconsiderate of your feelings.
7. He or she starts complaining or making disparaging remarks about you to your friends and family, their friends or family, or to anyone else who will listen – including total strangers.
8. Your mate begins to take you for granted. He or she stops giving you compliments or saying nice things to or about you.
9. It becomes increasingly difficult to have a casual conversation with each other. The two of you seem to have run out of things to talk about.
10. He or she now takes longer to return your phone calls, or doesn’t bother to return them at all.
11. Your mate begins to talk about needing space, or starts accusing you of making demands on his or her time.
12. Your mate stops attending social events or family gatherings with you. More and more, you find yourself going places alone.
13. He or she begins to flirt openly with the opposite sex in your presence, or starts dropping hints that the two of you should start seeing others (if single), or consider getting a separation (if married).
14. It becomes evident that you are no longer a priority in his or her life. Other people or activities take precedence over you. Now you are last on the list.
15. Your mate now becomes annoyed by things you say or do that he or she once considered amusing or endearing.
16. Your spouse or significant other begins to develop a life separate from yours. He or she develops new interests or hobbies that he or she doesn’t share with you, makes new friends that he or she doesn’t introduce you to.
17. He or she becomes evasive or secretive about his or her activities, and becomes defensive, or overreacts to innocent questions or comments about this from you.
What to Do If You Spot These Subtle Signs
If you suddenly spot several of the subtle signs on this list, don’t take the situation lightly.
Your marriage or relationship is in grave trouble, and you have every reason to be very concerned.
These signs are usually an indication of infidelity, but that’s not always the case.
Whatever the reason for these changes, regardless of whether they occurred suddenly or gradually, over an extended period of time, you need to take immediate action.
But before you do anything, you need to take some time to determine exactly what the problem is.
Once you’ve fully assessed the situation, you can then make an intelligent decision about what’s in your best interests to do, before it’s too late.
No comments yet.